Friday, July 25, 2008

Granny's Grandkids

Drumroll, please......and if you could see me right now, you would see

me smiling.... because the name on my paper is...... Gabriel Robert Coleman


Age 2 years and 9 1/2 months




I was in Charlotte when Gabe was born. I was so thankful to be there! I got to hold him the same day he was born! And what a cute baby! Now he is a adorable little boy!




Some things I like about Gabe:





He loves to play with balls, cars, and trains and all those things that boys like!





Gabe is an artist! He really is, not just my imagination, even if I am his Granny. Look at the photo above; he was making a house of Play-Doh. And you can see that it a house. He also loves to draw. He draws trains and train tracks , especially engines. The first time I saw his work was he was 18 months old. He has talent!





I love Gabe's smile! He smiles a lot, sometimes it is a big smile, laughing out loud. But my favorite smile is when he smiles while he is doing good things for others, or when someone praises him. I took that photo above, and I was telling how much I liked his Play-Doh house. It's a small smile, but I love it! He loves to be silly and his laugh is so natural.





He likes to play. And he plays by himself. I don't know why I like it, but I do. He would be happy to be home, playing with his toys all day, every day! I think that he is secure being him! And that's a really good thing to have.




My favorite memory of Gabe:


I was at the airport in Charlotte. I was at the top of the escalator and then I saw Katie, Colin and Gabe's shoes. That was the only things I saw, but I knew it was them. Then Gabe's little feet were running toward me! He was so little and he was so cute running. The last time I saw him he was crawling....they grow so fast! Then I realized that he remembered me! And he was happy to see me and he gave me a kiss (which was rare)!



I love you Gabe!!!! I miss you and I can't wait to see you again!














4 comments:

Katie said...

You are so right - he is very secure in himself. He is always himself. Cute cute kid.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Well, Katie I think if he is secure, you are the reason...Your a GREAT Mom! Funny kid!

This morning I edited the blog....I finished it last night...or should I say early morning? I was trying to change the spacing. Now I have more spaces between the next paragraph! I'll get it right someday! And I also found some missing words, etc...

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I think you did a great job Linda. Gabe sounds like a great kid. And he is a cutie. I will always remember him when I see trains.