Monday, June 30, 2008

The Trip I Forgot

I made a trip in January-February! It feels that it was so long ago! I forget lot things, but I can't believe I forgot that!

One day in January, Christie called and asked if they could visit us in Blythe!!! I was so happy! Then she told me that she was driving from Pyote to Blythe with the girls (ages: 21 months, and 7 months) WITHOUT James. I told her she was crazy! Pyote to Blythe is 831 miles...11 hours and 51 minutes according to Goggle. I told I would drive and meet them somewhere between Pyote and Blythe. She knew she could do it, and I knew she could to it, too. But I still felt like going on a trip!
(Yeah, sure! I don't like driving that much, but I love my kids and their kids)

So onJanuary 25th, we met in Las Cruces, New Mexico, at the Vega family's house . I left my Astro in Elizabeth Vega's garage. We had a quick stop, changing diapers, letting Elizabeth (Blair) run around a little and Christie nursed Amelia. Elizabeth V. was a great hostess! It was great to see her, her sister Kady and a friend, Slyvan Scott who lived in Blythe for a time. After freshening up, we got in Christie's Caravan for the long trip to Blythe. *BTW, I like Dodge Caravans way more than Chevy Astros.


We thought we could drive to Blythe that night. When we hit Tuscan at sundown, we decided to get a room for the night (good decision)! Elizabeth was happy to play. It was fun to play with her and Amelia got Mommy time, which she needed! the girls got baths and put clean PJ's, we were ready for the night (especially Granny). Elizabeth and I slept in one bed, and Christie and Amelia got the other bed. We really needed that sleep! The rest of the trip was pretty good. I drove most of the time and Amelia was happy with her Mommy next to her! Eliazbeth was joyful , singing and talking most of the time! She was a champ!

We just hang out in the house mostly. Elizabeth had time to remember Granny, Grandpa, and Uncle Bryce! She loved the room to play inside and out! She loved the trampoline, the wagon, jsut running around outside. Amelia wasn't happy when Mommy wasn't close, but she tolerated Grandpa better than Granny, and Uncle Bryce didn't try! Christie got a few ittle breaks.
Then, Elizabeth got sick. It wasn't that bad, but it got worse. Even then, she was still happy most of the time.. Poor little girl! We decided to get Elizabeth home to see her doctor.

The trip to Las Cruces was good. We got a room (before ) and we had a lot of fun at the motel. We were prepared this time. We had dinner in the room; we had a fridge and microwave. We had time to play and bathe before going to bed. In the mornng we played again and after a great complimentary breakfast (fresh waffles, yogurt, fruits, eggs, bacon, toast, english muffins, muffins, pastry, milk, chocokate milk, juice cereal, did I forgot anything, Christie?) and the employees were so nice, telling to get some food for the road!), we got in our vans and we went to Walmart to find a gift for Elizabeth because it was her Birthday! (February 4th). After we said our good-byes, we went our ways. I only cried a little.

I had so much fun with Elizabeth even when she was sick, and seeing Amelia! Of course, I loved having Christie here for 10 days! And that is the last time I saw them, and I haven't seen James since Amelia was blessed in September. I'm happy that I will see them on July 16th!

Woo-hoo! I can't wait !!!!





4 comments:

Christie said...

Feb 4th! :)
How fun that you were with Elizabeth on her B-day and will be with Amelia on hers as well!
Can't wait to see you!

Mike Kessler said...

Linda!! How great to find that you have a blog! Don't get burned out like I did, because blogging is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends. (I burned out on blogging, not family and friends!) Think you and Bob might come visit Portland sometime, or Julia in Salem, OR?

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Opps, I looked at the calendar and saw the 2nd, which was the day you were going home, then you went home two days later....I know, because James was born on the 4th (of November), and Amelia was born on the 20th of July, and Christie was born on the 20th (of August).

NOw, here's a tip from an old Granny, have your babies of the parents so I can remember...it's getting harder with every new grandbaby! But don't stop, it's worth it...I have a cheat sheet!

Jamie said...

I think the last time you came up before Aaron's graduation you gave me a list of everyone's birthdays. It's already outdated because this family keeps growing!:)